Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Oh My Darlin'....

Oh my Darlin', Oh my Darrrrrrlin' Clementine...

Kellen loves clementines. He's had one in his lunch every day for the last two weeks (maybe longer). He loves to peel them and has recently discovered that he can even start the peeling himself with my never used Pampered Chef orange peeler. It has been in the drawer for a while (*cough* years) but I had never used it. We (I) don't eat many oranges and when I did start eating clementines, they're so easy to peel that I didn't need a peeler. He likes it though and he's so determined when he uses it.

About all we had time for tonight was dinner and some reading. Someone didn't take a nap today and part of our new rule is that if you don't sleep during nap time (b/c it is REALLY still obviously a necessity), then you go to bed a little earlier. He probably should have been headed that way even earlier based on the dramatics. He was tired...but he'd never admit that...even up until the end where for the 3rd night in a row he fell asleep as soon as he got quiet and with the light still on.

In all of my nerdiness, once K went to bed, I watched FRESH - a documentary on industrial vs sustainable agriculture...the big corporations running the show, the smaller farmers trying to grow things naturally, what is going into our food and how different things are now compared to, say, 50 years ago. In case by some chance you're interested in seeing it, it's available online for free through tomorrow and can be found here: Fresh. (Side note, it's about an hour long) To me it was enlightening...or maybe interesting...and thought provoking (albeit a little on the slow side).  JT would probably use the term 'hippie' but at any rate, regardless of whether I subscribe to the ideas and principles of it (or not), it was still interesting. However, it was clearly written on a bias so I wonder what the response from the other side would be like....

No comments:

Post a Comment