Tuesday, January 3, 2012

What's gonna work? Teamwork!

No, this is not an episode of The Wonder Pets. :) I'll get to the point in a minute.

I figured to get this year started off right I should really begin with my favorite topic....food. :)

Seriously, I think about it, write about it, ask questions, Google recipes and how to's, and talk about food a LOT. Mostly I think it is just because I'm interested, but also because I'm kind of nosy. At restaurants I always want to know what everyone is ordering. Why? It is not because what anyone else is having will impact what I'm having, but more that I'm truly interested in what people like or maybe because I just want to know and it sometimes sparks a conversation. I think JT gets frustrated when he asks me where I want to eat (on the nights we're planning to go out) and I say it doesn't matter to me. Really though, I'd rather the other person be happy so I'd rather go where they want to. I'm much better at picking places I'd rather not go than somewhere I'd like to go.

Tonight we had already planned on BBQ Bacon Stuffed Meatloaf. It is something we like and ironically enough, it is one of about 4 nights of beef this week. This is coming from the girl who has been eating mostly yard bird (JT’s word for chicken) for the last....well....as long as I can remember.

Anyway, in our attempt to get dinner going a little quicker (because as usual I underestimated the time it would take to get it all together and cooked – a story for another day), we all pitched in.  Yes, all of us. Kellen is always a big help in the kitchen, even though is helping usually makes things 7x longer than normal. He cut up the mushrooms, chopped the onions and supervised the rest. JT cooked the bacon and mushrooms. I had the ‘raw’ end of the deal – literally – I mixed everything up and put the meatloaf together.  Even Maddie helped by cleaning up some things that hit the floor.

Maybe we were The Wonder Pets after all.  Lenny, Tuck and Ming Ming too....

This is what the recipe picture shows. I should have taken a finished picture of ours. It looked pretty much nothing like the picture, BUT if I do say so myself, it was pretty darn good. :)

1 comment:

  1. Just wanted to say that the stuffed meatloaf looks awesome... and I cannot get "What's gonna work? Teamwork!" out of my head... :)
    I really enjoy reading your blog!

    ReplyDelete