Monday, January 9, 2012

Cause on the 8th day...

I’ve been told that if you’ve never had an addiction you’ll never understand the power something can have over you. I think there is truth in that although I’m not addicted to anything hardcore. I’ve examined my ‘addictions’ several times and have come to the conclusion that I’m not addicted (that’s what all addicts say, right?)...but in all seriousness, I just don’t want to quit. I could, but I just don’t want to! :)
What am I talking about?
There is a song that I used to love. The band who sang it was Cravin’ Melon and friends and I would go to their gigs when they came to a local-ish area. I haven’t thought about this band in so long that naturally (as I do with so many things), I Googled it. (They don’t call me Google Girl for nothing!) I was excited to find they had a website! Then I was disappointed to see that the last tour dates listed were 2009. :/
Yes, this will relate to the addiction thing in a sec, hold tight.
Here are some of the lyrics I love to the song I was talking about:

Certain things in life I like to savor
Watchin' clouds and waitin' on the rain
If you ever question my behavior
Just a taste will make you feel the same now

Don't try to offer me anything
What it comes right down to baby
Don't tempt me; I'm where I wanna be
Cause on the eighth day, God made sweet tea
My not-really-addiction-addiction:

You may find this silly...even I do.  I mean really, who is addicted to tea? Caffeine maybe, but not something as specific as ice cold Big Bo “Legendary” Iced Tea with a red straw from Bojangles (yes, the straw matters - I've tried substituting with other straws). Some come close, but no other sweet tea actually compares to my beloved Bojo sweet tea. I swear to you there were days that I consciously told myself “Do not pull into Bojangles” on the way to work only to find my car heading that direction. My car must have a mind of it’s own. I am not kidding. I kind of compare my feeling of the Big Bo to a crack addict. If I didn’t have it, I found myself really on edge and craving it. If it had been more than a day or two, the first sip was what I imagine someone getting high on anything would feel like...an instant rush and complete relaxation. (Notice I said 'imagine', I have never been high on anything).
Although I have not completely severed my relationship with Bojangles’ sweet tea, I am no longer as attached.....I can go days...and even weeks without it...
....
....
....
but I did Google Bojo locations to see if there would be one in Georgia. ;)
...and I do want to believe that on the 8th day, God made sweet tea!

For those of you who are really here to see the little man, here is the dentist at work. Yes, we did play "Knights" for a while, but ended the night with him pulling out his doctor kit and pretending to be my dentist.

1 comment: