Monday, January 30, 2012

Thrown together

As much as I like having a plan for meals, there are just some days where I don't have it all together and wing it. I sort of had a plan for today, but in all honesty I just didn't feel like going with it. So, as I do sometimes, I improvised. With the help of my trusty assistant, we made what I'm going to call...chicken, bacon, broccoli, cheese thing.

For a sec let me get to one thing that if you don't know about me, you need to know. I am a chicken person; however, I do not do bones, skin, veins, or dark meat. I'm a boneless, skinless, chicken boob eater. Yes, I can admit that...I envision chickens with no feathers or bones or clucks for that matter. Something else I've realized over the last couple of months though is what many of my dear dark meat eaters have been telling me for quite some time - I'm eating the driest part of the bird. Okay, this may be true...but for someone who doesn't do bones (and who has tried the boneless thighs, yuck!) it is hard to get into the dark meat.

In prepping tonight's dinner (meat off of a rotisserie chicken), I found that my trusty assistant was a very valuable tool when it came to deboning the chicken. I forgot to mention that not only do I not like to look at bones or eat off of them, I really do not want to touch them either. Turns out, my trusty assistant had no problem digging right in. ;) If I ever had any doubt (which I really didn't)....he's definitely a keeper!!
(In case you were wondering where Maddie is in our life, her nose can be seen right by Kellen's feet. She has learned that she can get all kinds of surprises...on purpose or by accident...by hanging out near him. I can't blame her for trying...)

He was pretty happy with how dinner turned out. I didn't take a pic of it in the pot because it just was not picture worthy, but it did taste pretty good.

After dinner, we played with horses and bulls. (Gasp! It was not knights in shining armor tonight! He did talk about it though.) He lined up his horses on one side and bulls on the other because the bulls were "not very nice". He also took the daddy horse over to a different part of the carpet because that daddy horse was going to a new barn while the mommy and baby stayed with their friends. This is the second night in a row he mentioned that....


To end the night, we did our normal reading and he fell asleep almost before we were done reading. Ever since he was a baby I've loved watching him fall asleep. Blink...blink...slower blink...slower blink...eyes closed.....zzzzzzzz.  I didn't have the heart to snap a pic or take the chance at waking him up. He looked so peaceful.

Goodnight!

No comments:

Post a Comment