Wednesday, January 11, 2012

THAT Game

Have you ever played The Purse Game? I’ve played them at a few different kinds of parties....Tupperware, PC, even a Bachelorette Party. The idea of the game is that rewards are given to the person with the wackiest purse contents...or the most things on a certain list....or sometimes by contents beginning with a certain letter. So, for example, if the game was done by letter and the letter L was called, you’d try to find something in your purse beginning with the letter L. Lipstick is an easy one.
Under normal circumstances, any of these games would not be smart to play with/against me.  I typically have a LOT of random stuff in my purse. This is not just because right now I’m carrying a big purse. Even when I have a small purse, I still carry a lot of stuff....regardless of whether I need it or not.
This topic comes up at work pretty frequently when I can’t find something that I know is in my purse. Typically the item is my keys...sometimes my phone..or lipstick. You’ll notice these are things I use on a daily basis and they should be in the same place all the time, but my life is not that organized. :) I’m lucky to get them in the purse most days.  
So...for your reading pleasure...maybe entertainment value, I have taken a picture of everything that was in my purse while I was cleaning it out tonight. *Gasp! Kelly, yes, I’m cleaning it out!*
Here is the reason you shouldn’t play this game with me under normal circumstances. There were some normal things like lipstick, wallet, phone, pens etc.
The boys underwear is not that surprising for obvious reasons- you never know when you'll need those!
Oh, and fruit snacks (again, not all that surprising for a mom)


The kind of random things that have inhabited my carry on for a while:
Batteries - no idea when they entered
Silver spoon - came from a Christmas party Dec 2009. Edited: whew, no, I think it was '10.

Turkey thermometer - from Thanksgiving 2011
Ear plugs - from K's swimming lessons this summer
Jeweler's Loupe
Game tickets from Gatti-town (in Mississippi) in April 2011


In short, now there are less things living in my purse so if you invited me to this game tomorrow I wouldn't stand a chance.
I wonder how long it'll stay that way...yep, you're right, probably not that long.

As usual, I am posting a pic of the little guy...since I know that's really what's bringing you back. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment